Monday, March 2, 2009

back to the doc.

well kids,
i'm heading back to the doctor this week. friday night i found a lot of red spotting on my leg, around my calf. :/ it made me real nervous when i saw it. mostly because the spots are so much larger than the regular spotting i was having. its spotting under the skin, and at first glance looked a rash, minus the usual skin irritation. it has been asymptomatic since i found the spotting, so i didn't think much of it. saturday i googled the spotting w/ coumadin (my drug) and got a lil scared when i read that they're considered to be early signs of bleeding...ehhh..not cool. the article said i should see my doc asap. i waited though..it was the weekend and i wanted to enjoy the birthday festivities. this wednesday morning i'll see a new doc at the coumadin clinic. i don't think its serious b/c i havent had increased swelling.. and i figure this is just another one of the side effects that comes w/ coumadin. but i guess better safe than sorry.

Starla and I have been eating pretty frequently at this vegan resto in my neighborhood. My first coumadin tech said that i would have to be eating mixing bowl size portions of spinach in order for the vit K to affect my INR. The place is called Casa de Luz. {http://www.casadeluz.org} An adult plate is $12, and it's adding up fast, so i'm gonna try makin' some of it at home. It's a little intimidating, but I think I can do it.. Or try. We feel so fantastic after a meal there, so I really hope I can mimic their menu to some degree..

Cooking some pasta right now and headin' to go through a few more things before goin' to bed. I found a box full of journals and pictures and letters I wrote to Xavi between 2003 and 2004. Found lots of cute drawings too.

--- kiki

No comments: