Xavi spent most of August and September kite boarding after work and on weekends when there was ample wind in Long Beach. There's even a picture of him on this guy's website! The guy took a picture of the kite surfers in Long Beach walking up the beach with their kites, and right smack in the middle is Xav holding his board in one arm, and kite handle in the other. I thought this was pretty cool, even though the caption calls their walk the 'walk of shame'. The guy is describing Belmont Shores as being the best kitesurfing beach in LA. Long Beach is just south of Belmont Shores, and the caption with Xav's photo reads, "Beginners are at the south end, walking the "walk of shame" until they learn how to ride upwind." I guess that's the walk of shame stretch on Long Beach. He'll be at Belmont shores next year I bet. He's already learning to jump, and how hard can that upwind thing by anyway? J/k.. The sport alone is dangerous.

Now that kitesurfing season is over, we're talking about taking motorcycle riding lessons. Long boarding is also on our list. We're also looking at taking some night classes at University of CA in Irvine. Xav is looking into some evening Java classes and I'm looking at CSS classes. A guy in my drawing workshop takes an evening HTML/CSS class at that location, and seems to like the program.
About three weeks ago, I started a literacy training at the HB library. They are in need of tutors in their literacy program, so I signed up and graduated from the training last Monday. This evening I met with my student, and we began lessons in improving her english speaking skills as well as reading and writing skills. Many of the adults who sign themselves up speak english already, and for whatever reason, they never learned to read or write very well. They come to us with their goals, and we help them get there, whether it be taking the GED or filling out a job application. So that's a program I'm proud to be apart of right now.
That's our latest scoop from Huntington Beach!
-- K & X

No comments:
Post a Comment